That screen had taken some time to update before but would eventually show appointments and tasks if you waited a while, but not now.
I guessed that resetting the PDA would "fix" that, but then I'd lose the text completion history, which I wanted to avoid.
But then JWPce wouldn't start its dictionary any more so I decided to restart the device anyway to clear out the memory.
JWPce's dictionary works now, but the user-defined conversions for verbs don't work.
And I've noticed that the system's text completion feature is randomly corrupting text: letters will be replaced by the letter before it in the alphabet.
At first, I thought it was due to typos, which I do make occasionally due to recognition errors, but then I saw a word which I knew was correct being offered for completion incorrectly... and a bit later even more incorrectly (with another letter having flipped). Bizarre.